Thursday, October 16, 2008

Problems at Blog Talk Radio

This ENTIRE POST is from No Compromise When It Comes to Being Right -
Of very particular interest since Blog Talk Radio is the web home for Flylady's web forum (with which I recently had a peck of trouble for posting a an anti-Obama thread)- thanks to Serenity for alerting this to me:


Pro-Obama Censorship at BlogTalkRadio
October 16, 2008 · 2 Comments

Thank you New Media Journal for printing my commentary.

October 16, 2008

There used to be a classic American saying, “I disagree with you, but I will fight for your right to say it,” which changed to, “If you don’t like it, turn the channel,” and now we hear, “You’re inciting hate, so I will have you charged with a Hate Crime, you bigot!”

America is becoming a nation filled with people who whine about hurt feelings which leads to quashing one’s Right to speak in one way or the other. Americans do not, nor never have had the Right to be aggrieved!

Our nation is turning from a once free country to people being scared to say what’s on their mind for fear of offending someone else or being called a bigot! Here in America!

Yesterday, [October 13, 2008] on my Blog Talk No Compromise Radio show, my guest was Phil Berg, a Philadelphia attorney and Democrat, who has filed a Federal Law suit against Barack Hussein Obama because he claims that Obama is not a natural born Citizen of this country which is a requirement under Article 2 of the Federal Constitution in order to run for President.

The subject matter is controversial but the conversation we were having was quite tame. In other words, it was not at all of the shock jock nature by any stretch! Thirteen minutes into my show Blog Talk Radio, shut me down, and disabled my account with no warning at all!

Within a few hours after this travesty, I received an email from the BTR assistant Director of Customer Relations, Shannon Dingee-Kramer, citing the BTR “Terms of Use” stating that my show was, “racially or ethnically offensive, defamatory, unreasonably violent, threatening, intimidating or harassing; and that it contained falsehoods or misrepresentations that could damage BlogTalkRadio or any other person.”

Wow, how was she, in just a few short hours, able to obtain the proof that what I say on my show is false and contains misrepresentations since my show is a commentary style show? How was my show racially or ethnically offensive? Because Obama is 1/16th part black, I’m sorry, African-American? oh, wait, he certainly was born in Africa, but the American part–big question mark! Is she subversively saying that all partially black people not born in America and their public actions are off limits for questioning?

That’s amazing to me! Also, she failed to tell me exactly what it was that I, or my guest said that was offensive and unreasonably violent! However, I can prove that her behavior toward me was all of those things and more!

America is in trouble, folks, real bad trouble. We are losing our American spirit and culture. We are losing our guts and fortitude and all of this is based on one single lie spouted off across airwaves and print media: You are a bigot!

If you have a controversial opinion you are labeled a bigot. If you disagree with how a political system or cult like religion violates the Human Rights of individuals you are labeled a bigot! If you disagree with a political candidate you are targeted for attack and accused of crimes against humanity!

Most people don’t care anymore which is sad to me, but those of us who are in the communications business better start caring a little louder because yesterday it was me who was violated; tomorrow it could be you!

America is on the precipice of being changed forever if we don’t start getting back to our fundamental roots and American culture. We are Americans first. I don’t agree with my fellow Americans who are for Barack Hussein Obama at all, however, I will fight for their Right to campaign for, and vote for whomever they choose. Why? Because my American freedoms can withstand our disagreements. America has always withstood disagreement. What America will not be able to withstand is making my disagreement with you, a crime, a target for attack, a reason for those who hate me to hurt my property or my Rights! Our Country won’t survive that!

I am asking you to stand with me regardless of our differing opinions. Protecting Free Speech has to become more important than protecting people from being emotionally aggrieved because they disagree!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thank you for posting my situation on your blog. I will be posting your blog on my thank you post on the front page. I am giving out kudos, high fives and hat tips to all of those who support Free Speech !

Blessings from Tracy aka No Compromise

Adrienne said...

This will get much worse if Obama is elected. My prediction? Watch them come after the internet....

Anonymous said...

Hi laura,

I feel very badly about our exchange before you announced your decision to leave flylady.

I know that you encountered some resistance (and some support, as well), and that you'd also gotten short shrift (and catty comments in other threads) in recent times. Now, it's like everybody is traumatized...

I shouldn't "drink and post". (awww heck, I *am* doing it now, though). The thing is...you and I have more in common than you know! It's just that the obama smears overwhelmed me, and I expressed my frustration in an unacceptable way. I'm really very sorry. I did fess up to the gang...

Here are the things I miss: your posts on religion, your sincerity, passion, energy, tenacity, focus, dedication, generosity...your spirit.

Ya know...Hegel did say that the true history and truth only emerges through the dialectic...the opposition of thesis and antithesis.

I know that some people are glad the "drama" is gone. But I loves it!!!

Oh, just ignore this.

Your truly,
A flaming liberal

PS: did you watch the Smith dinner? McCain kicked butt.

Elisabeth said...

Allie - Email me! There's a link at the top of the page -

You are not solely responsible for my decision to leave the forum. You are not to blame (or credit) yourself with my departure, okay?

Do - email me. I want to hear from you.

Love, Laura

Adrienne said...

Awwwwwwwww....

Elisabeth said...

You other FlyBabies who keep looking in - EMAIL ME - there's the laurab@catholic.or - or you can email me at chantlaura@gmail.com -

I'd be pleased to hear from you -

Joe of St. Thérèse said...

To quote from the bill of no rights "You do not have the right to never be offended. This country is based on freedom, and that means freedom for everyone -- not just you! You may leave the room, turn the channel, express a different opinion, etc., but the world is full of idiots, and probably always will be."