Wednesday, July 30, 2008

FLYBABIES with babies -

One of the things I'm really impressed with, on the FLYLADY forum, is the number of young-ish women with small children who are really in earnest about their responsibilities as wives, homemakers, and moms. These gals are highly motivated to create healthy, constructive environments for their families - and they're busting their "FRANNIES" to get things done.

Ladies - I look at you and remember how I struggled, and sometimes just flat gave up and didn't struggle, when my beautiful daughters were small, and I so greatly admire you for your vision, your determination, your great hearts and characters.

I also envy you for your wisdom in pursuing this course now. I wish I could take what I know now, and visit myself nearly thirty years ago, before my older daughter was born. I'd have made a much happier and more stable home for them - and for my poor husband, who unbeknownst to me had his own private and secret battles at the time. I sure as heck didn't make his life any easier or pleasanter; in fact, I made it a lot more difficult.

I have lots of regrets, lots of remorse. You'll be spared that.

Keep fluttering. Remember: Baby Steps.

God bless you.

1 comment:

FlyCandi said...

Oh, a little love note to all us flybabys! How sweet!

I still want to come over for homemade yogurt and peaches!

FlyCandi