Tuesday, September 02, 2008



Got an email overnight - let's see how it copies here:


Subject: Fw: 8 Years ago this March... How sad! :(

You might remember when this accident happened 8 years ago this March.

This Southwest Airlines flight from Vegas overshot the runway at Burbank

The plane smashed past the airport fence, careened across the street and ended up with a collapsed landing gear, right next to a gas station.

But that's not the amazing part!!!


Then follows the photo with the caption - which I can't reposition to wherever I want it, so we're stuck with it at the top.

Now - notice that the heading of this email is EIGHT YEARS AGO. In other words - the originator of this email (not my friend who sent it) is saying IT'S ALL BUSH'S FAULT.

I've got news for you, O Ye of Fragile Memorie: Gas prices were at this level THREE YEARS AGO, too.

I swear, the insane and deceitful tactics of the liberal Democrats are shameful. We had stability in our fuel prices and in all the costs of living that are connected to fuel prices for how many years? Because it's three years ago - with the election of the Democrats to the control of the House and Senate - that we began to see gas prices going up out of control.

Listen. I need some help. I keep running across references to Al Bore - er, Gore - being on record for saying that the government needed to tax and artificially raise the price of gas to $6/gallon in order to counter the effects of global warming. I can find lots of allusions to it, but not the source of it. Anyone know where it is? - I appreciate it.

No comments: