Monday, November 03, 2008

In the midst of all the political bru-ha-ha -

There really are some things more important. Six years ago today, I stood before a congregation of about 500 people, and declared myself:

"I believe all that the Roman Catholic Church teaches, preaches and proclaims to be revealed by God."

I joined in the recitation of the Nicene Creed - and I think my voice carried over everyone else's there, that morning.

On November 3, 2002, I was received into Christ's One, Holy, Catholic Apostolic Church.

Deo gratias!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congratulations on your anniversary!

X said...

Laura - I knew the day was coming but in the midst of the move and the election it slipped my mind!!!!

Congratulations, Darlin'!!!! I am a better Catholic for knowing you.

And you are a good catechist. (wink)

Adrienne said...

I heart converts. They are usually waaaaay better Catholics than us cradles!