Saturday, May 06, 2006

I think I'm back

Blogging, as Randy has told me repeatedly, is something that needs to be tended to on a daily basis.

Problem is, I don't have something sparkling and witty or wise to say every day. I don't even have anything vaguely interesting to say every day (witness the fact that it has been more than a month and a half since I've attempted to post!)

Moreover, I am, where my writing is concerned, a perfectionist. I don't particularly care whether school papers and books stay piled on the living room floor for several days; if they don't make noise, I don't really notice them. But when it comes to words -- I want everything "just so" and I am only far too aware of how far below my ability the blog writing I've done actually comes.

I beat myself up over it regularly and have mostly talked myself into abandoning the blog altogether.

However, life goes on, and maybe I needed a break from this sort of writing for a while. The last couple of days, however, I've been thinking about a lot of things and the accompanying idea to them all has been "hmmm, ya know, I oughta blog about that!"

So here I am.

I'm utterly astonished that anyone has actually continued to READ this thing while I've been M.I.A. -- and thank you for that. I make no promises about trying harder or doing better... I'll just do my best while I'm up to it, okay?

God bless you!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Well, it's about bleedin' time! Looking forward to checking in every day.