Thursday, October 19, 2006

If you should see..

... my younger daughter, Sarah, tell her I love her and am praying especially for her on her 25th birthday.

She was born on October 20, 1991, a week before my 24th birthday, and as I held her in my arms after a long, hard, arduous labor, all I could think was how untenable was Dan's and my plans to stop with only two children. holding that newborn in my arms was a joy and a contentment that I couldn't just tell God I wouldn't do any more.

He had other plans. I never had more children, one of my great sorrows. But Christy and Sarah have more than made up for the disappointment.

Whenever I am tempted to think I would like to go back in time and change my decision to marry their dad, I think of them, and I'd gladly do it all again. They make it all worthwhile.

Their existence justifies mine.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday Sarah. I feel sort of like your auntie as I am such good friends with your dear mama.

The Crescat said...

What a sweet post. I often fell the same when I get exassperated by my idiot ex-husband... But I would gladly go through it all again because the result was a gerat kid!