Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Billie C - RIP

Billie Chiricuzio was a long-time moderator at Catholic Online, where I began my investigation into the Catholic Faith in hard earnest in 2000, 2001. She was an amazing woman - funny, wise, articulate; she wrote amazing poetry, gave good counsel, was a comfort in times of confusion and sorrow.

She suffered from emphysema for years, and a couple years ago was diagnosed with lung cancer. Because of overall health issues, there wasn't a lot that could be done - she resigned herself to waiting out her life's end and beginning into Eternity in God's hands. She never quit caring for those of us she corresponded with.

Father Z posted the news today that dear Billie has entered into Eternity. I shall miss hearing from her, but I am so happy for her, too.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thank you Laura for your friendship to my mom, and your kind words. Soon I will be searching for stories, pictures, and other misc regarding her to create a book of memories for future generations of Chiricuzio kids. Thanks again, Alycea Chiricuzio-Brown
alyceaandbrian@earthlink.net