Friday, May 02, 2008

Leaving the office

It was time. I'd been in the position for two years, kept being beaten against the same brick walls - It was time. So I handed in my resignation, and I guess my former boss agreed with me, because - well, I just called him my former boss - he declined the month's notice I'd given in order to allow him time to advertise and to find someone else for the position.

I went today, cleaned out the office and turned in my keys. It wasn't as hard as I'd anticipated it would be. My office is one corner of a storage closet, so the space was small, and most of my possessions were consolidated in odd places, making it easy to pick them up, tuck them in a box, and be done with it. Threw out lots of paper trash.

Had a good visit with the office staff -

Then went in to the church and did something archaic and excessive: I lay down on the floor, prostrated myself before the Lord in the Tabernacle, and asked Him, "What now, Lord?"

My mind was too full of busy-ness to really hear any answer, but I'm pretty sure He heard me.

I'm contented.

2 comments:

Adrienne said...

Time to look forward....

Elisabeth said...

Yep. Wish God would send me an email or something similarly direct - but I'm curious to see what's next.